Quick Search:     Title Author Description Keyword              Advanced Search

Friday, July 12, 2013

Review: Whistling Past the Graveyard


Whistling Past the Graveyard
Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



What a fabulous book. I have always really enjoyed everything Crandall has written so I automatically added this one to my list without even looking to see what it was about. After I got it and looked at the synopsis I was surprised and not sure I would enjoy it. I read the first page and was even more unsure.

Boy, was I wrong.

I read in one sitting and frankly, couldn't put it down.

Crandall does a wonderful job bringing Starla to life. Starla is a nine-year-old growing up in Mississippi in 1963. She lives with her grandmother while her mother is becoming a country music star in Nashville and her father works on a oil rig in the gulf. She has the normal dreams of wanting to live with both her parents and when she runs away decides that she will go to her mother and then her father will come and they will live happily ever after. Not surprisingly, it's not that easy.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment