Quick Search:     Title Author Description Keyword              Advanced Search

Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm not sure this has been a wasted week but almost all of it has been spent getting computers, (desktop and netbook) and Android phone all seeing the same email, contacts and calendar.

Still have a couple of little glitches to fix but I wish I had done this a long time ago.

Now I only read an email once and replies all end up together no matter which device I use to respond. No more trying to remember to BCC myself.

The "cloud" I used was Google and I started by setting up a Gmail IMAP account. I use Thunderbird on the computers and K-9 on the EVO for email all of them accessing the same Gmail account.

I had to add a couple of extensions to Thunderbird to get the calendar and contacts to work the way I want and now it is pretty easy to keep everything synced with the phone. When I get done I’ll have all of my contacts synced with Facebook, Twitter and Blogspot Blogs in addition to my email.

It has taken a lot of time but in the end it will save me tons and allow me to visit my son in Texas without worrying about what might fall through the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment