Quick Search:     Title Author Description Keyword              Advanced Search

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cliffhangers

So what is the deal with cliffhangers? Yet another young adult book ends in a cliffhanger which wouldn't be so bad but it's a year until the next one. I really enjoyed the book but I won't remember the details by the time the next one is available, I guess I just read too many books. I do understand there are time and publishing constraints. And in the case of most of the young adult books I read they also write adult books that I wouldn't want them to stop writing so they could finish a young adult series. It's a conundrum, I guess.

The latest to annoy me with a cliffhanger was The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong. I really enjoyed the characters and I would really like to find out more about the secrets of the world she has created for this series. But I'm going to have to wait about a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment